Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Top Ten 2009
A few of the bookish blogs I've been reading have recently been posting lists of their favourite crime reads of 2009. Not being one to miss a bandwagon, I thought I'd jump on. But my list will detail the books I came across in 2009, they may well have been published before that date.
The eagle-eyed among you will spot the fact that I've numbered them all number 1. Why? It's like saying which of your children are your favourites, innit?
1. Philip Kerr...If the Dead Rise Not
1. R J Ellory...The Anniverary Man
1. John Connolly...The Lovers
1. Caro Ramsay...Singing to the Dead
1. Carol O'Connell...Bone By Bone
1. Tony Black...Gutted
1. James Lee Burke...Rain Gods
1. Deon Meyer...Blood Safari
1. Shav Sherez...The Black Monastery
1. George Pelecanos...Hard Revolution
1. Daniel Woodrell...Winter's Bone
1. Walter Mosely...Bad Boy Brawly Brown
1. Bill Kirton...The Darkness
oops, I've over run...and I've still to mention...och, there's too many to mention. How am I supposed to limit this fecking thing to 10? Whose idea was this anyway?
'Nuff said. Go buy one. Or two...