Sunday 15 April 2012

Murder Mile - Tony Black




To celebrate the release of Tony Black's latest novel, Murder Mile, Waterstones, Ayr are hosting Tony in conversation with my good self. Tony and me talking about books - what's not to love?

The date? Friday, 20th April. The time? 7pm.

If you live locally, pop in for an evening of chat and crime and be one of the first to read another bloody good book from one of the country's finest.

Here's the blurb ...


In a cold, windswept field on the outskirts of Edinburgh, lies the brutally mutilated body of a young woman. As DI Rob Brennan looks at the tangled mass of limbs and blood, he feels his heart freeze. Like Fiona Gow five years earlier, this girl has been strangled with her own stockings, sexually mutilated and her eyes have been gouged out. Is this the work of an Edinburgh Ripper? The press certainly think so. Rob Brennan is determined to uncover the truth - however painful that might be. But truth is hard to come by in a world of police rivalries, media hysteria and copycat crime.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the naked wrestling, Michael ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, sounds like the kind of book that will keep me turning pages. And having seen Edinburgh now for myself, I understand "cold, windswept field" more than I ever wished to. How dare you (not you directly, I mean Scotland) greet me with snow. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had been a week or so earlier, LG, you would have been greeted with blazing sunshine. You need to get your weather juju working better.

    ReplyDelete