Tuesday 1 September 2009

Crimesquad in September




It's that time of the month. The beginning...in case you've had your head up your ass and you're wondering. What this means is that the guys over at www.crimesquad have put up their reviews for the month. Some of which I have slaved over. Worked my fingers to the bone over. Sweated blood over. Go on, read them. You know you want to.

There's one such review that I wanted to draw to your attentions. (I use the plural for any multiple personality types out there. May Contain Nuts is an inclusive blog)This is my review for R J Ellory's latest book, The Anniversary Man.

The review also includes a question and answer session we set for Roger about his book and his writing. In my view it is required reading for any pre-published writers, and curious readers out there. You will find it at the following link. Fingers crossed it actually works. Frankly, I could be better at the technological aspect of blogging.

Well I would if I could be arsed. Frankly. (Who is this fella Frank and why do we give him a name check when we want to assert our honest credentials? What is the etymology of Frank?)

I'm all about the words. And the occasional picture. And the comments. I LOVE comments. Leave me more comments. Makes me feel less like I'm involved in some form of literary masturbation. Which is good for you, my friend's 13 year old son told her to excuse his use of a certain website on her work laptop. Which is a whole other blog, that I ain't going to write.


Eeesh - now I'm worried about what adverts will appear down the right side after using the word "masturbation". No, the other right.


Anyhow, I digress. Which I'm allowed to do cos this is my blog, innit.


You'll find the excellent R J Ellory if you go to crimesquad He's about to be launched stateside, so the good people over there should be rushing to a bookshop asap.

Laters
M

7 comments:

  1. Ha! Your blog is just what was needed on a Tuesday evening. Love your style.

    Frankly comes from freely, which is the way you're speaking when you use it (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Barb. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read your ellory review and interview - both great. i did note that you mentioned 'new jersey city' - but i think that city's proper name is just 'jersey city' -my dad was born there. but perhaps mr. ellory changed the city's name in his book? is it going to be published in the u.s.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thea, I believe hs book "A Quiet Belief in Angels" is about to be launched stateside. Which is one of my favourite books of the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm starting to hear a little Southern accent here. Headed over to crimesquad to check it out and I'll be looking for Ellory's book in stores though I found Bill's book on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it looks like your blog created so much traffic at Crimesquad that it crashed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A southern accent, Marley? I must have been watching True Blood before I typed that one out.

    ReplyDelete